Contact MECO Electric Today
Electrical Wiring in Bellevue WA
Most people don’t give much thought to their wiring system because it’s hidden behind the walls. The other reason why most of us don’t think about the wiring is because it works. If something is working like it’s supposed to, why should you think about it?
Well, every time you use the washing machine, microwave, or something simple as flipping the light switch - you’re drawing on the electrical wiring in your home. It’s something we use every day without even thinking about it and this is what can cause huge problems.
If the wiring in your home is old and an overload happens, it can spark a fire. This situation can escalate really quickly and cause even thousands of dollars in damage. By neglecting your wiring system, you’re exposing yourself, your family, and even your neighbors to danger.
According to the Electrical Safety Foundation, home electrical fires cause around 51,000 fires each year, with around 500 deaths, more than 1,400 injuries, and over $1.3 billion in property damage.
So, to eliminate the chances of electrical fires in your home or commercial building, you need to know what’s going on with your wiring. If the wiring system is old, it may be time for electrical rewiring or replacement of worn-out segments.
We’re here to help you with any problem you may have with your commercial or residential wiring system. If you notice that anything is out of the ordinary with your wiring, don’t hesitate to call us.
We’ll inspect your wiring system to determine where the problem is and why it’s happening. Based on what we find out, we’ll discuss with you what the approach is to solve the problem as quickly as possible. The problem could be small, like a worn-out part that needs replacement, while sometimes the best solution would be rewiring a part or the whole house/commercial building to ease the strain on the system.
Signs That Something’s Wrong With Your Wiring System
There are some clear signs that indicate something is wrong with your wiring system, including:
- Outlets or light bulbs buzz or sizzle
- Plugs, cords, and switch plates are warm or hot
- Breakers often trip
- Lights dim and flicker
- You feel a small shock when plugging in a cord or touching an appliance
- An outlet sparks when a cord is plugged in
- Smoke coming out of outlets, appliances, or baseboard
- You notice bent or frayed wires
- Rodent damage